Thursday 14 July 2011

Withdrawal

Well, baby seemed to like the codeine. No need for pain relief yesterday - hurrah! - as my jaw is recovering well from the extraction and the tooth of pain is out. But baby didn't seem to appreciate this, she'd been quite content and kicky with the pills, and without the pills she was positively manic for several hours. Addicted so quickly...

I jest.

Part of her excessive movements were in response to her father's excessive snoring. This has happened before, every time he emits a large snore, I get a kick. Not that conducive to sleep, and an ominous image of sleeping with the pair of them in the same room; it is I who will need my own room when we move.

I ended up doing rather a lot of fruitless to-ing and fro-ing yesterday which meant I was very sore. Walking is getting less and less ok, even with crutches. Although that is presumably at least in part due to my ever decreasing levels of fitness.

As I have undertaken to take the boys swimming today, last night required a feat of depilation. Upper thighs and bikini line are easier just ignored at present to be honest. All done though, I think, I can't actually see.

They say swimming (aka existing in the swimming pool as opposed to doing anything energetic) is brilliant when pregnant as the water supports the bump. I haven't tried it before with a bump so this could be a whole new blissful experience. Or not.





No comments:

Post a Comment