Tuesday 26 July 2011

Pootling around the house

Hubby's car is being looked at so he's stolen mine to get to work. Given that I can't make it past the end of the street on foot (and there's not much to do between here and there) we are in the house today. The boys' great aunt (who is only a decade older than us!) has taken them to the park, which is ace, except it's a bit of a hike for them and I'm concerned about overtired boys.

I'm so tired today. I cannot get motivated to write any dissertation. I should theoretically get some done while the boys are out, but I'd rather kip. Trouble with that is that I then don't sleep at night, but am too tired to work. It's the getting started that's tricky. I've got less than 3 weeks left!!! We go away two weeks on Friday and I have to submit it by then as the due date is the Monday we return. And I need to allow time for binding etc.

I shall watch Neighbours and then do an hour. That's a fair compromise.

Sleep last night was better, but interrupted for no obvious reason. Possibly just needing to pee. I haven't left the house today but did some housework so I am hurting because of that. It is not possible to do any form of housework without bending at all, and there's only so much even willing five year olds can help with. I quite enjoy my park-keeper effort of picking up rubbish with my picker-upper, except it's no good for pieces of paper and the likes. It is also good for the elusive socks that wander into every corner. Mostly I pick up everything non binnable in an area onto a table or similar, then I can sort and distribute.

Oh that reminds me, I binned some documents as I seem to have recycled all of the papers, good and bad. I must retrieve those. At least the recycling is all clean paper!

Dishwasher: can't do, I can only do the top rack as I can neither reach the lower rack nor the low cupboard the plates and bowls live in.

Hoovering and sweeping: I can sweep, I can't collect the sweeping. I can't hoover at all. Most of our floors are wooden or vinyl (carpet only in bedrooms) and O is getting better at sweeping up the collected sweepings with a dustpan. Mopping is fine!

Washing: not too bad, but I struggle to hang it up. Solution: small loads that all fit on the higher rungs.

It occurs to me not for the first (or thousandth) time that summers without a garden are even more impossible the older the kids get. I need outside space for them to run about in, to dry washing in, and just to be in. Hopefully this will be the last garden-free summer. Hopefully.

Foetal movement regular and reassuring. Nothing else unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment