Friday 8 July 2011

Changes

The baby bopping seems to have ceased, baby may have run out of room. The tomes do state that the period of most movement is between 24 and 28 weeks, and then it eases off.

Now, it is not that I am not experiencing movement. Not at all, for I would be a-panic if that were true. What I now get is a lot more like kicks, definite jerks of movement rather than the jiggling. Baby unfortunately appears to be lying in a transverse position, that is across my abdomen instead of head down as she should be by now.

Advantages to this would be confined to being further reason for a section, and the lack of engagement later on meaning my pelvis won't have to suffer the final onslaught of realignment. Which is something I worry about, given my current immobility.

I have been told twice in the last couple of days that I am looking good. I don't agree, but people are nice.

Thick glossy hair is a problem, there's way too much of it to do anything with and it's grown too fast so needs cut again.
Skin is clear now, that's nice, and I don't have swollen ankles or a vast posterior as is de rigeur for many mothers-to-be. But I do have a head of mental hair and must surely look tired.

Vastness seems less significant at this stage than it did just a couple of weeks ago. 22lb gained so far, which is what the books tell me is average. I am still lighter than I was before my weightloss in 2009. That's quite shocking. Right now I am also extraordinarily undainty in all movements.

I am a little obsessed with cleaning; if anything smells at all iffy it is being disinfected. Bathroom floor was today's target. I would guess this is nesting.

Pain of the old pelvis remains the same. New pain: I have a rotten wisdom tooth which needs xrayed but that can't be done till after the birth. Eating is difficult, but that's ok as I have chronic and severe heartburn now.

Oh what fun.











No comments:

Post a Comment