Tuesday 5 July 2011

Can't sit, won't sit

Tonight on pelvis watch we learn that sitting down isn't so good any more.

Today I stayed in all day and spent a large part of it typing my dissertation, but it transpires sitting for prolonged periods even on a cushion results in a very painful pelvis. I'm not sure if I'm stiff after the weekend's exertions, if I've done some damage, if I've gotten worse or if I just have to get a new sitting arrangement for typing.

It's getting me down a bit now, not least because it's nearly 12 weeks till she's due to be delivered. Back is also very sore today, probably the pelvic connector point. I am now in bed and am unable to get comfortable at all. Currently I am sitting upright contemplating cushions and hot water bottles.

It doesn't help that at 7am this morning when hubby had departed for work and I was making the most of the child free house (they return from Granny's tomorrow), but baby had a kickathon demanding breakfast. She's normally quiet and still of a morning, but no. Not today. Kicky kicky almost all day. Don't get me wrong, I love feeling her kick, but sometimes it's a little disruptive. Having been awake since 7, I could really do with some z's now. Alas, no position is comfortable enough to sleep.

Back: not recommended and extraordinarily uncomfortable.
Front: not possible
Right side: painful and heartburn inducing
Left side: painful

Which leaves levitation or sitting up. The latter creates a problem as to what to do with my legs.

Aaaaaaargh.





No comments:

Post a Comment