Monday 18 July 2011

Changes that have come over me

Pelvis watch: not good. I had to do a fair amount of crutch free walking today and oh, I can't! Swimming lesson for the boys first off, which is every day this week and involves rather a lot of stairs.

I then spent most of the rest of the day lying down, but had to nip out to asda in the evening. I cannot do supermarkets. Trolleys are out as I can't push them, crutches are out as I need my hands. So it's a basket waddle. Not good. And the pain by the time I got back was ridiculous, I could barely put one foot in front of the other.

I am displeased to note that despite the bump now being on the very large side of huge, I still have the flap of skin below. How unfair is that? I guess twins make that flap inevitable, but still.

On a brighter note, we have booked a short break for the last weekend of the holidays. Just to Dumfries, I'm not prepared to travel far, but it will be ace to have that to look forward to.

And I received my Practical Parenting subscription gift: an Avent breast pump with two bottles and a thermal bag. We have an Avent steriliser and we used Avent for the twins, so its familiar. I was drawn to Tommee Tippee but they don't fit well in the steriliser. We were a little underwhelmed by the Avent bottles on account of slight leakage when mixing, but all bottles have some people who have that same complaint! Well nifty for zero cost though, I priced it up in asda and it would cost well over £30 to buy what I got. The subscription is less than that, and I'd buy PP anyway, I like it best of the pregnancy/baby mags.

A breast pump, yes, I did mean to get that as I do fully intend to give breastfeeding a try. Having spoken to a friend about birthing options I found myself pondering a VBAC again, but I think not. Stats are not favourable.

Many thoughts. Many.






No comments:

Post a Comment