Thursday 14 July 2011

Bliss indeed

Oh to spend the next 10 weeks in a pool...

Swimming IS as good as they say. The water supports the bump, therefore being pregnant is irrelevant. No pain, no struggle, just being. Lovely.

The trouble being that it feels so much worse upon getting back out of the water. But worth it. I do feel that the hour or so I spent relieved of the pressure of the bump made the rest of the day a bit easier. I went to sainsburys after and, as that isn't compatible with no hands, I went crutch free. For the first time in weeks I was aware of walking normally. Back to cack by teatime, but hurrah.

A grand day out, we are going again tomorrow. The boys had a blast and boy, did I love the water. I've always been a water baby, but this was something else. To be free of the discomfort was just amazing. And it's nice being in a pool for all the conventional reasons. I kick myself for not swimming during pregnancy before.

All I need is a bath at home big enough to float in. And maybe do a couple of lengths in also. Uh huh.


No comments:

Post a Comment