Monday 4 July 2011

Procrastination

Oops.

I have an MSc Dissertation due in on August 15th.
This is me working on it.

The boys are off to their grandparents for a couple of days, leaving me some peace and quiet to get on with writing. And so I can produce words about the subject - safety of cycling - to the order of none. I can't get my baby addled brain around it. I thought once I got into it, the words would come. But no. Nothing.

Words written: 1000 (exactly). All pasted from a previous version. Needs padded, cannot pad.

Update on pregnancy, which seems to have become Pelvis Watch:

Having gone out and about both weekend days, I am rather broken. Saturday's expedition to the beach was moronic, I cannot walk on sand. So yesterday's trip to the meadows, involving a short flat walk only, should have been ok. Whether due to the soreness from the beach, or just general can't-walk-any-more-even-with-crutches, I don't know, but I could barely make it to the car. In fact, I didn't, I had to stop and send hubby for the car to collect me.

Today I drove the boys to Edinburgh, about a 30 mile round trip, to drop them off. Seriously sore again, it now seems to hurt to drive. Tomorrow I have a full day of no children and no need to leave the house, so I will take it very easy and rest up the pelvis, and see if I can undo the damage from the weekend. Very concerned that, with the exception of the sand, the walking of the last two days has not exceeded what I will have to do in order to do the school run after the holidays.

People are being very kind, I am in full receipt of lots of sympathy and kind offers. I feel humbled and very ungrateful for previous moanage.

Baby is doing fine, I believe. She is very active anyway, kicking away enthusiastically, but not frantically. Current dilemmas consist of a middle name as hubby doesn't like "May", and my futile attempts to talk him into a 3D scan. Which costs £115 or so and isn't really necessary in the slightest. My main concern is to double check the gender, which is stupid.  While I know ultrasound gender predictions can be wrong, nobody I have known has ever been told incorrectly, and in our case I could see for myself a lack of dangly bits and the presence of the tell tale three lines. The sonographer was pretty confident as well, even though she - as presumably is the custom - used the word "probably". Frequent movements, steady growth and the lack of any ominous symptoms leave me unconcerned as to the need to check on the baby (any new developments would manifest in some way that would not need a 3D scan to spot, or which a 3D scan would not spot). So it would be a double check gender spot and a slightly freaky image of the baby that's going to be here in 12 weeks. For over £100. Hmmmm.

Activate word production related to cycling not babies, starting NOW...

No comments:

Post a Comment