Friday 29 July 2011

Routine reflection

Midwife check today.

BP is 120/80 which is the best it's been for years. Urine is almost colourless, clear of any ick. I have no swelling and baby is kicking and her heart is beating away steadily. The bloods that were taken last week were all fine so I have no anaemia or rogue antibodies, or any infection or glucose problems.

I am measuring 34cm, which is the size for 34 weeks, which in turn is the 3 weeks ahead I have always been (for now I presume that's down to my lardy tummy of pre-pregnancy, possibly combined with excessive doughnut consumption in trimester one). Two weeks ago I was measuring just one week ahead and was worried the growth had slowed. I am now taking this as differing measuring techniques from different midwives.

So the pregnancy is doing well. I am personally doing less well, but minor discomfort is easily tolerable in the face of a healthy pregnancy. Nothing that ails me is of any risk to the pregnancy so I can live with it. And as the pregnancy has cured my blood pressure and sore neck, as well as giving me a year off, I can't complain at all.

I do feel extraordinarily lucky. To have effortlessly conceived three children having only "tried" once. I additionally conceived two non viable pregnancies, but they were neither planned nor established enough to count. I have had no pregnancy scares, and all has been smooth. My twins are perfect and so far there have been no problems with my daughter. The fatalistic voice in my head tells me it is too good to be true but I can't think like that. I believe being a mother is my true role in life and I am enjoying it and hopefully making a good job of it.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're doing well! I'm sure it's not too good to be true. Just hang in there. If I had the means, I send you a cool electric wheelchair so you didn't have to strain to walk around! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you my dear xx

    ReplyDelete