Wednesday 27 July 2011

To sit

Today we went to the cinema, for the much anticipated Cars 2. Which was ace, incidentally.

I took a cushion with me, having established that sitting is painful. Lo and behold: it works. I'm not entirely convinced how a) I feel bruised rather than misaligned or b) how the pain is alleviated by cushioning, but it stops the sitting pain. So meals out may be back on the menu, and driving on a cushion proved to be comfortable again, which it wasn't.

The humble cushion. I'm not sure why I haven't tried it before, I've had the cushions/chair/footstool combo working for some weeks now, and that appears to allow "resetting" of the old pelvis.

Now it is 1am and sleep is not looking likely. For only the second time, I have this crazy cough/heartburn thing. The heartburn I am more used to, sometimes it is so bad I have to be upright or the burning hurts too much. When I was in late pregnancy with the twins I was guzzling gaviscon constantly, so this is something expected. But the cough is weird. It's not like a normal cough, although it does feel chesty. There is nothing much written about it in books or online, so I'm a bit lost as to what and why. General why: lungs are squashed. Specific why and what to do about it: nada. A friend of mine had the cough in late pregnancy so I shall have to question her. If I remember correctly, she was utterly miserable with it and could do nothing for it. Ah well. Maybe she discovered something and didn't mention. Don't know, can hope. Last time I think using my inhaler (for asthma) helped but I'm a bit twitchy about using that as I know it also dilates blood vessels as well as airways. Although you'd think the coughing and subsequent/causative breathlessness can't be good for baby or me. I think it's time for the inhaler.

I am guessing the heartburn and cough are down to excess movement from baby today. She went daft through most of the film, the noise presumably disturbed or stimulated her, and she continued to wriggle for most of the rest of the day.

Unpleasant side effect of unpleasant symptom: pelvic floor is not up to excessive coughing. Yuk. The level of ick in pregnancy is endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment