Thursday 28 July 2011

Feel the burn

Oh, the heartburn has taken off, we now have daytime heartburn. Today I have eaten:

Alpen for breakfast
Mushroom soup and a roll for lunch (coke to drink)
A kit kat mid afternoon
A cupcake at teatime
Mushroom soup for tea.

What gave me heartburn from that lot? The kit kat, and the second lot of soup. Go figure. I had a chocolate mousse following the indigestible soup, and that fixed it for a bit. Then I had a bath and the lying down-ness of that kicked off full on heartburn and the crazy cough. That is not present by day, but does seem to be relieved by my asthma inhaler so I can presume that my asthma is triggered by squashed lungs. Which makes sense really.

A glass of water seems to aid both ailments temporarily, and gaviscon gives short term relief to the burn.

My omnipresent cushion is proving a godsend. Assuming I drive to everywhere I go and lay a cushion everywhere I sit, I can deal with the pelvic pain. Either that or it's eased off a bit, but I'm not overly keen to test that out. I will find out in three weeks when the boys go back to school and I have to do the pesky school run. Hubby is confident he can do the morning runs (I will have to do the first day however) so I just have to get them at home time for 6 weeks (max). I will take over both again once baby is out and I can walk again as I will woefully need to get some level of fitness back. My calves are shrinking daily! Baby and I shall wander up and down to school and get Mummy a semblance of fitness.

One of the ladies on my Mums Due iVillage board who was a week or so ahead of me had her baby today.

!!!!!!!!!

She has had problems and seemed to be expecting this (I am her friend on Facebook but I'm not sure if she realises), as well as having had a least one baby at 32 weeks previously. Her comment today was that her baby girl needed a bit of help breathing. Fingers crossed all remains well there.

(and selfishly, please don't let my baby spontaneously appear any time sooner than mid sept, or for my health to require her removal prior to that).


Dissertation is not happening. I have a fortnight left to do it, and get it in. 10,000 in 10 days say: that's 1000 a day WITHOUT FAIL. I'll go for 2000 a day (ha!) and reassess my progress on Monday. Then perhaps admit it's not going to be done and find out what happens if it's not.

I want it out of the way so I can start worrying about other things, like the pigsty we live in.

A later update...

Sleep not happening at 1.30am. Reasons:
- Heartburn
- Excruciating pelvic pain on moving.
- The only position which relieves heartburn in any way results in sore pelvis and wriggles from baby who doesn't seem to like that.

Sigh.








No comments:

Post a Comment