Saturday 2 July 2011

Baby bopping

Admittedly, baby is an active foetus, which we'll pretend is not connected to my excess intake of sugar. Wriggling is a regular part of the day, and while it is one of the coolest things I have ever experienced, as she grows she can give a painful jab on occasion.

I have noted the following things spark baby activity:

1) Hunger. She does not like me being hungry. I can only assume my tummy rumbles quietly and disturbs her.

2) Eating. Baby has a post-feeding dance, presumably this is jigging along to digestive rhythms, together with blood sugar surges.

3) Bathing. Since very early days, I have had massive movements when in the bath. Timing, positioning and warmth would be my guesstimation as to causes.

4) Bowel movements. I would guess this is pretty disruptive to a living environment, but baby does do a definite post faecal workout.

5) Music. Baby dances to certain tunes. If I play music she will sooner or later start to gyrate. Top fun can be had playing with this.

And finally,

6) Random unconnected shoogling. Baby just likes to boogie sometimes.

The movements are meant to slow down after 28 weeks due ti space and the lack thereof. I'll find that rather sad, but it does move us closer to the day we can start having real cuddles.




No comments:

Post a Comment