Saturday 9 July 2011

28 weeks

Well, baby has been reading the textbooks: as noted yesterday, starting this week the movements are less due to lack of space, but they are more like kicks than somersaults.

I noticed.

Today I was shouty, mad, depressed, tearful, ranty and thoroughly rubbish. There are a number of possible causes for this:

1) lack of sleep
2) pain
3) hormones
4) lack of nicotine
5) all of the above.

I'm not coping at the moment, or to be less dramatic, I'm feeling overwhelmed by it all. Too much to prepare for. Too much too contemplate. Too many ailments to cope with.

It is not possible for me to sit and marvel at my bump at the exclusion of all other activities and this is proving a problem. Having not done anything useful or left the house today, the pelvis is calmer. Yay.

Today was the start of the 29th week, or 28 weeks completed as seems to be conventional. As such, I have updates on all my baby tracker things. Baby's eyes are now open and susceptible to light and dark. So I've been shining a torch on my bump. A little response, not much, but she has been restful today (which means she's probably about to get active as I prepare to sleep).

I thought I might be leaking fluid today, but I'm not, so it must have have been a momentary lapse of bladder, which is udderly (heh) depressing.

Paranoia: someone I saw on Thursday has the cold. I do not want the cold. Grr to the cold. I am probably immune to it though, I must have had every strain of cold in existence by now.

Yes, I know. Literal I am rarely.

So that's me at 28 weeks on the eve of the last ever News of the World.

That's the big news. I might look back and care some day. Meh.


1 comment:

  1. NB ticker says: less gymnastics, more kicks and jabs. As noted.

    ReplyDelete