Friday 22 July 2011

If you're narky and you know it...

...get stuff free.

Yes, I am that shallow.

Today's post brought with it my welcome pack from Sainsburys Little Ones club, with a voucher to get a free mum and baby pack (worth £9.99) as well as some reading fodder. Included in said fodder was info for other baby clubs, so I've now signed up to Hipp, Heinz and SMA as well.

Free stuff to date:
Boots: change bag with nappy purchase + not that useful vouchers valid till May past. No products yet.
Bounty: lots of samples, more to come
Cow & Gate: cute cuddly cow + info
Aptimel: cute cuddly polar bear + info
Tesco: no freebies! Expected mum and baby pack! Not that useful vouchers, parking permit included. Info quite good.
Asda: vouchers + info. May have been a voucher for half price mum and baby pack (memory rot, didn't get anyway) but no freebies.
Sainsburys: a mum and baby pack to collect from store with nappy purchase. Info + better vouchers, valid till January.

Best freebie was the subscription gift from Practical Parenting - breast pump + thermal case + gizmos - but I did have to actually buy the subscription to get that. The others are shamelessly touting their wares, but I have only so far had to shell out for the nappies in Boots to get the change bag (which is nice)

To come:
info + samples from SMA (boo)
Baby comforter from Hipp
Not sure from Heinz. Samples, I think.
A surprise gift from Avent, which I believe to be a bottle. To be sent in the third trimester - I'm there!!!

I love free stuff. I quite like getting stuff anyway, but free stuff is super nice.

I did send an email last night to Fife Council to express my displeasure at their lack of help for immobile pregnant ladies. No reply as yet, unamazingly.

Swimming lessons are done, which is just as well as the stairs have got progressively harder as the week has gone on; today was almost unbearable. And we have struggled to get up and out early enough, R for one would sleep in much later. School will be tough to adjust to again, but hey, we did it last year having never done it before (they had afternoon sessions at nursery), although I was mobile and sleeping then. Ho hum.

Very sore pelvis. Very acutely sensitive nipples. I am having an early afternoon bath to try and alleviate both. I did manage to procure bra extenders in Dunelm
Mill for £1.45 each. Hurrah!

Much sleeping required this weekend. It does remain to be seen if I'll manage the dissertation. Another week and I may have to cry off, although I do feel I'll be even less likely to get it done with a baby. Except I'd feel well myself. Hmm.

Three weeks to do it? I can, surely?

No comments:

Post a Comment