Thursday 18 August 2011

A view to the future

Oh dear. A many ailment and excessive foetal hiccup worry related night meant I was wide awake from 3-5 am. And so 7.30 came around and it was time to get up, get the boys ready for school and get them and me out of the house in a decent state. Living dead is pretty accurate as to how I was. This is a mild hint as to what it will be like when baby arrives, except there will be a baby to cater for also.

Aiiieeeeee!!

Pelvis watch: it is a LOT better. In the last week I have only needed to use my crutches once and that was after a lengthy time in the car. I am coping with the school run sans crutches and this makes me most pleased. Should baby engage, I may be virtually immobile, but for now, it ok. There's a large array of things I just don't do, bending and walking related mostly, so I guess rest is the key, but it does seem to have eased. Walking hurts so I simply don't walk very far, and when I do, I rest until it stops hurting. Being a cumulative type of hurt, that keeps it in check.

Other symptoms: boobies are going daft again, very sore. I did manage to procure half price proper maternity bras just now though so that should help. I've been wearing sports bras to date and they're not that comfortable any more even with extenders, but I didn't really want to spend lots of cash on something that will last two months at best. Mothercare's sale saved the day.

I seem to have a 45 minute bladder capacity. Which is a right pain, both literally (the sit/stand action hurts) and in terms of planning never to be far from a toilet.

I have decided to make best use of this maternity leave time by, erm, resting. Yes, I have lots of house/baby/nesting things to do, but I can't realistically do more than an hour or two and it does make more sense to do that after school as I need to be awake and relatively interactive anyway.

And so to snooze...







No comments:

Post a Comment