Saturday 27 August 2011

Day two, hospital

Well, I'm still here in the hospital. I don't feel brilliant, my bp is really high without the medication and I feel a bit ick when I've taken the medication. I seem to need to take two types in combination. They're still working out the dose so I'll be here till at least tomorrow, then I'll hopefully be able to get home and come back once a day as an outpatient.

Spoke to doc this morning and he said that if I was 36 or better 37 weeks then he would be inclined just to deliver baby, but 35 weeks - which is what I am today - is just a little early. I don't think they're going to go past 37 weeks so I've only got 2 weeks or so to go unless my bp stabilises brilliantly, which is unlikely. If it doesn't stabilise at all they may deliver sooner, but baby is better off in just now and they will only deliver if I am significantly less well with her in. She would be fine born now, but better the longer she stays.

He also says they're happy to sterilise me while they're doing the section, but I have to be sure. I'm sure! Nobody has remotely queried the fact that I am to have a section so I feel a lot better about that decision. She doesn't actually seem to be breech today but I'm due a scan on Friday to confirm. Even with a section they prefer to know the lie of the baby.

Didn't sleep much through the night with monitoring and feeling guff, but I spent a good hour or three asleep this morning. Quite enjoying peace and quiet and having food brought to my bed, and I don't really feel well enough to be bored. I have my phone and my kindle, but I'd like my three boys here. The wee boys got a bit bored last night which made the big boy have to take them home after half an hour. I've discovered they are allowed in 2-8, not 3-4 and 7-8 like other visitors, and now I'm in a private room they can hopefully draw and let hubby stay a bit longer.

Baby isn't really co-operating when they try and do a trace of her heartbeat. She moves away from the pad, just like O did! He caused undue headaches during traces when I was at this stage with the boys, and his little sister is exactly the same. I now envisage her to be going to be exactly like he was as a baby. R was such a much easier baby, I was sort of hoping for another chilled baby. O is a delightful and more considerate child, so it's not a bad thing, plus we know what actually settled him so we know what to try.

She may not be like O on the outside, just because she's a wriggler. O will be delighted if she is though. Bless. She may be different from either twin, of course. Time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment