Friday 5 August 2011

Up and down.

I seem to have noticed a pattern. When my pelvis hurts a lot, my ribs don't. When my ribs hurt a lot, my pelvis is eased. The rib pain is actually more uncomfortable as it is accompanied by severe indigestion, and doesn't go away whatever I do. Although the pelvis pain is much worse, I have means to relieve that and if I don't have to walk anywhere, I'm ok.

Anyways, I assume baby is shifting higher and lower, or turning, or something, which is what affects the location of the discomfort. She is still about half the size she will be at term, so I guess I'll be mighty sore by then, possibly high and low simultaneously. Oh, the joys.

I may add that any relief of the pelvic pain vanishes upon leaving the house and doing any walking at all. Very sore again, and walking is still sore on an indigestion day even if sitting is easier.

I'm still big, as I was told today. $$>>€}^]€\!}+~!!! Why comment? What's the point of saying it again and again? Does it mean, oh you must be further on, or oh you are a fatto, or oh you must be having a massive baby???? I've been consistently the same amount big and it's really doing my head in whenever anyone says. I'm not abnormally big - like I was with the twins. I'm not fat anywhere else, you get a LOT of fat arses in the third trimester. So, comments are pointless. There is a range of ok, and I am within it. Today's was at the end of a discussion/monologue from me as to why I want a caesarean, ending with "you are big though" from chief big bump watcher, so I'm not sure if that was a reference to the unlikelihood of elephantine child fitting through my waif-like* pelvis or not.

*I wasn't skinny btw, I was about 2lb over the normal weight range. Not exactly vast, but not skinny. I stopped dieting when I was 7lb within the range, then put on 9lb over the next year and a bit.

On the caesarean thing, I am feeling a little narked at the insinuation that only childbirth is real pain. In an obtuse way I almost want to feel it so I can say, actual that is, or isn't, akin to needing two years of tramadol for a neck injury or the shooting pain of toothache. There's something awful about pain that's present day after day after day after day and labour is short lived, even a ridiculously long labour is a few days.

I fully sympathise with men, although they are wusses. My hubby had a kidney infection last year and was howling in pain, convinced he was dying. He whimpered to me, UTI veteran, "is this what you have?" to which the answer is yes, frequently. I still maintain an abscess in my tooth was the sorest thing I have ever experienced, more than the neck or the pelvis or any kidney infection. I'd like to see the "childbirth" brigade talk to an injured soldier. Huh.

Thats me all ranted out.

32 weeks tomorrow, week 33 awaits and we are so nearly there.

AIEEEEEEE!!! I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO!!!!

Note: dissertation abandoned. Stress related, I hope to submit at a later date. I will hear back next week.









No comments:

Post a Comment