Wednesday 3 August 2011

Getting there

Hmm. My pelvis doesn't hurt so badly. Today I stayed in all day - lots of dissertation written, yay me! - until 11pm when I popped into tesco for some lunch things for tomorrow. It didn't hurt too much and when I think about it, it's not been agony for a while. I read somewhere that PGP can ease off a bit after 30 weeks so maybe it's better. Or maybe by not walking anywhere much at all, and much cushion using, it's just not had the cumulative pain building up. The pain is definitely worse the more I do, so by not doing the walking/stair climbing etc, I should theoretically be ok.

School back in two weeks, we'll find out then for sure.

In other news, today a kindly friend brought me her daughter's newborn clothes etc. 4 bin bags full of gorgeous tiny pink sleepsuits and what not. I did coo over them, especially the Christmas ones.

Little baby at Christmas, I can't wait! My big babies were a week off their first birthday by their first Christmas so were past the looking adorable in ridiculous attire stage. Still adorable, less Anne Geddes like.

We are doing well for stuff.

Cot: at friend's house, needs new mattress
Buggy/carseat/carrycot: in shop, requires payment and collection
Bouncy chair: promised by aunt
Infant rocker: at friend's house
Baby bath: at friend's house
Steriliser: in loft
Changebag: in wardrobe
Changing unit: shelf part in loft, chest part requires replacement for boys.
Clothes: now sorted, also bedding and wrap-to-carry-baby-sling-thing
Changemat: got
Toys: got
Bumbo: at aunt's house
Playpen: at aunt's house
Stairgate: behind bedroom door for no good reason.

Is that all?

We need to get:
Boys' new chest
Cot mattress
Bottles, bottle brush, dishwasher basket, second kettle
Bath support

Plus later we need a highchair and maybe other stuff. Santa can sort that.

That's not a lot. We also need to get the rooms sorted and swapped over.

What we don't need is gifts, but people are unfailingly generous when it comes to babies. Sigh. And I know fine well I'd be right stroppy if they didn't. Oops.

Boots tokens for make up. That'd be nice :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment