Tuesday 9 August 2011

Navel displacement

My bellybutton has moved!! I have the dent where my navel is located, but the actual nub is a little off to the side. 2 bellybuttons! I did try to take a pic, but ugh.

Missing hubby awfully today. He's not back tomorrow either, it's the next day, and he's to go back next week. I do not know how single mothers do it, although I guess you'd have alternative support. I am very lucky as the alternative support is there should I need to call on it, but I don't usually need to. I do admire women who can constantly manage children on their own, I am acutely aware of not being able to nip out - for bread or similar, I have no need for the pub - unless I take them. Normally I just need to wait till hubby gets home and then it's ok. Also, I got a wave of sadness earlier when I remembered he wasn't coming back tonight, how awful that must be to be abandoned or bereaved and have to remember that it's for every night.

I don't like the glimpse into life without him though, I hope that is not a reality until we are very very very old and ideally I have no idea or have gone first (by a day or so, I don't wish loneliness on him to alleviate my own fears).

Baby was more restful today. Heartbeat good and clear and movements were sufficient to allay concerns. Pelvis was sorer today, baby must be lower as I'm not very heartburny. She also (I think) has periodic hiccups. Which are weird. O hiccupped his way through the last few weeks of pregnancy and into his first few weeks of life. Baby is shaping up to be a mini-O.

Which is ok, he's lovely.





No comments:

Post a Comment