Friday 26 August 2011

Pressure update

Happy joy joy.

First I was given medication to reduce the crazy blood pressure. That didn't work so I was given another type of medication. Shortly afterwards I started to feel rather odd, then I felt very very unwell and like I was going to pass out/die. My blood pressure was now incredibly low, alarms went off, a medical team was summoned and much flappage went on (was quite sure I may die). Turns out the nurse who gave me the second dose didn't realise I'd had the first so I was given a rapid response drug rather than a slow release one. So crazy high blood pressure went to insanely low blood pressure.

Much fluid was given by drip, I had oxygen for a bit with my bed dipped head downwards. Now, 5 hours later, I feel mildly human. I am to stay in at least for tonight, I sincerely hope just for tonight. Not least as for some reason I'm in the recovery ward, alongside lots of post-section people who want to witter on about the experience and whose babies cry a lot.

Baby is hunky dory I am pleased to say, she doesn't seem to be affected. Although since I moved through here they stopped checking her. Why am I not in ante natal?

Answer: no beds, I guess. Still annoying though.





No comments:

Post a Comment