Saturday 20 August 2011

34 weeks done

Oh I am fed up of being pregnant! It's wonderful and life affirming and all that and I do want baby to be fully cooked, but to fast forward to the birth would be marvellous. Well, slightly after the birth ideally. The will-we-both-make-it??!!!! fear is weighing more frequently and I am just soooooo uncomfortable.

Also, I'd like to meet my daughter, I'm getting impatient for that too. I know the time will fly and I must enjoy the last weeks I will ever be pregnant, as well as enjoying the time to snooze and potter round the house. But...

Heartburn is now constant. Walking is the only thing that relieves it and the old pelvis makes that impossible. Pelvis was v sore today, quite probably due to walking further yesterday.

Cough is more frequent. Relieved by inhaler. Not sure how good that is for baby, I am assured it is ok.

General pain from tiny limbs battling for space with ribs etc is getting more or less constant, and urinary frequency is more like urinary perpetuity. The upside of that is that there is never a risk of leakage as emptying will always have just happened. Sigh. So glamorous.

September is nearly here. I have been looking to September since January. We are so very close. I can do it. I don't need to panic.

It is scary.

NB: these thoughts are triggered by some indications that baby may be ready to appear. Nothing concrete such as a show or waters breaking, but niggly things that make me think, hmm. Things that didn't happen with the twins. Loose bowels, backache, leaky nipples, excessive tightening... Could it be? Probably not, but I'm noting it for posterity.








No comments:

Post a Comment