Monday 8 August 2011

Mummy's mummy

Well, I survived day one of single parenthood. Didn't like it much, I'll be glad when hubby gets home. I'm a bit unnerved by the riots in London, I hope that doesn't affect him or his journey home on Thursday.

Who's selfish?

My mum came to see me today, on her own which was nice. Much as I adore my still quite new stepfather, I haven't had my mum to myself in a very long time. She was delighted by feeling baby kick an
d by being able to hear her heartbeat. I find it all pretty amazing and I guess it must be mind boggling to have your offspring producing their own offspring. I'm quite traumatised by the whole concept of the children being teenagers and young adults, what with all the dangers they can put themselves in. To consider my little girl, who I am still to meet, being a mother, is quite bonkers. But I was Mum's baby girl once, and here I am, a geriatric mother of three (nearly).

Studies suspended, new dissertation submission date to be April 2012 I think. Note to self: do the bloody thing this time. Although I have taken the decision based on my inability to write well just now or remember things (baby brain), not because it wouldn't have been done.

I miss being clever. I'm sure I used to be.








No comments:

Post a Comment