Wednesday 29 June 2011

Still sitting (mostly)

I CAN'T WALK!!!

Ok, that's not true. I can, and with crutches it doesn't actually hurt. I feel a bit like the crutches are no good and I'm waving them about pointlessly, but the pain doesn't come and I can feel a lot of pressure in my arms, so I guess all that pressure isn't on my pelvis. There's certainly a big difference if I go from leaning on the crutches to not leaning on them; I can feel the pressure transfer through to my feet, obviously passing via the pelvis.

It's hard work though and I feel sooooo self conscious. And not being able to carry things is a pest. I had a jacket on today on the way to the school, which I removed and tied round my waist only to have it drop off seconds later. Picking up is not my forte at the moment so much grr-ing was required.

People are very sympathetic to me-with-crutches, which I find very embarrassing. Nope, there is no pleasing me. Lack of sympathy annoys; sympathy embarrasses. I know that people do care and the lack of attention is because I appear/claim to be capable, and I am aware of appearing very incapable. But it is nice how caring people actually are. In my ungrateful moments I think - but never say - "what do you think I've been on about the last couple of months???" when asked what I've done to myself. Pelvis no worky. I definitely mentioned it to, erm, everyone.

So. Other pregnancy things.

Gestation: 26+5
Movement: lots and lots
Other symptoms: indigestion, stingy boobies, a very large abdomen, and that is all.

The movements are amazing. I can't get enough of them. It makes me wonder in amazement that there is actually a human being inside there, that will soon be out and growing up and being a proper little person. From a few tiny cells inside of me, to a person.

I do feel quite astonished when I look at my huge five year olds and struggle to imagine how they ever were two foetuses side by side in my abdomen. And the whole thing just happens, because we copulated at the right times there are three new people. All I've done is not break them.

Shut up, pessimistic "yet".







No comments:

Post a Comment