Thursday 23 June 2011

Bedrest or something approximating this

I am now signed off work for the duration. My signed off period ends the day that I am due to come off on leave. So no work till next summer.

Physio called me today, I am advised to try not moving where possible, and I've to go on Monday and collect crutches.

I feel a bit useless. No, I feel a lot useless. The whole thought of the summer holidays, followed by the school run in my latter weeks of pregnancy, followed by a new baby to care for is making me feel completely overwhelmed. And so I'm being psychotic, natch. I cried at the doctor today mostly because I was so relieved to see it was my own doctor.

I am measuring 3 weeks ahead of what I should be. A part of my brain knows that this is irrelevant and is due to overstretching by twins and general lack of shapeliness, but another part is thinking maybe, just maybe, she is further on and will arrive earlier, fully cooked and healthy. 37 weeks would be nice, assuming she's all done and well. That's 10 September or so. That's less time to hobble about.

I am placing great faith in the crutches and their ability to aid me to walk. I am envisaging happy summer managing-to-make-it-across-park outings. I am however a little apprehensive about the fact that I'll need to learn how to walk with crutches. I collect them at 12 on Monday; at 3 on Monday I have to collect the kids from school. If anyone laughs I'll probably cry at them.

Baby has been more restful today, lack of caffeine perhaps. Still enough movement to alleviate concerns (plus inevitable heartbeat checks) so it's ok.

So tired. So sore. So inactive.




No comments:

Post a Comment