Monday 13 June 2011

Fear and loathing in the bath

Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!

I'm very cross today. With everything. Nothing has happened to annoy me, more that I am annoyed at things. Most of them.

People mostly.

Baby moved a lot less than usual today which naturally caused a mild panic. And a mild psychotic moment when I expressed concern and was told if I was actually concerned I wouldn't say "I'm concerned".

Heartbeat is normal. Movement in response to prods and music is normal. There's just less tummy jiggling than normal. So I worry. A little. Not enough to do anything. Just a little.

And then I get cross again.

I've had a day of nasty heartburn and an unnecessary number of occasions where I have had to bend down to the floor. I can't do this, or I shouldn't. If I drop something on the floor, which happens often due to being sleep deprived and dozy, I instinctively stoop to pick it up. And it hurts a lot. If I want to get something off the floor I have to do elaborate moves to get there, because if I just duck down the way I have done forever, it hurts. So if I want my shoes from the floor beside the bed, I have to lie on the bed and lean off. But if I drop something, I'm down there and cursing before I remember. Squatting is absolutely not going to happen, I'd be stuck in a permasquat for the rest of time.

I'm not sure how the clutter is going to clear itself off the floor, although I did manage to declutter the boys' room by sitting down on the floor and shuffling around.

So the list of things I can't really do are:

Stay awake, unless it's bedtime
Walk more than 100 yards
Bend over
Lie on my back, front or right side
Lift anything

I've got 15 weeks to go. Aieeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment