Saturday 11 June 2011

And ow again

I was doing ok. This week the boys and I were only at school/work for three days and for those three days daddy took the boys up to school. I have walked only to work and back and all other journeying has been by car (I excuse myself, it hurts a lot). And my pelvis has been ok.

Today I didn't leave the house, but I did do rather a lot of bending and tidying and general getting up and down to do things and I am very, very sore. Which is a right pest.

I foolishly said "yes" when the class teacher asked me if I could help walk the kids up to the museum on Tuesday. Which is approximately three times as far as I am able. Walking is not my strong point, yet the words coming out of my mouth were "sure, count me in!" not "sorry, I can't help". So I'm going to have to send a note in to apologetically renege, and hide for the rest of the school year. It's only three weeks. And, of course, the subsequent 12 years that I will have children in that school. Hmm. I can't put myself in a position of pain just to be nice though.

Boy am I sore tonight. A bath is my only respite. I'm still ecstatic to manage baths however. Miracle baby.

On a happier note: today baby is viable, being as we are at 24 weeks. One of my many pregnancy updates said it was now trimester 3 but it's not. 3 lots of 12 weeks only adds up to 36 weeks. I'd guess it's 24 weeks after conception, so 26 weeks, or week 27 if you like, before we're actually into trimester nĂºmero tre. Middle trimester still we are.

Not very viable, I think she would have a 10% chance of survival if she were to be born now, and some time to be spend in hospital. But she would have a chance of survival which is good to know.

I don't want her to come early. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to not be pregnant any more (and have her here to cuddle), but I don't want her to have to face problems from the start and have a long struggle with her in hospital. That must be diabolical. I want her to arrive on September 26 when they take her out at 39 weeks and 2 days.

Besides, I've got maternity leave to enjoy sans baby first, before I have the glorious long leave with baby.








No comments:

Post a Comment