Thursday 2 June 2011

Plod plod

Today - as in the day that has just ended - I reached the peak of intolerance. Oh boy, was I grumpy.

I'm not sure why. Aside from the pain, I am enjoying being pregnant. Did I say that already? Did I really say it at all? It isn't a myth!! It's very special, I feel very privileged.

Baby finds daddy snoring exciting, she leaps about in time with his snores. This doesn't bode too well for her sleeping in a room with daddy. Daddy incidentally isn't all that keen on the sharing a room idea, but with 2 bedrooms, she's sharing with us or the boys. I don't trust five year olds not to be "helpful" and do something harmful, so our room it is. The plan is to move out after Christmas and sell our flat empty. If we can sell before my maternity pay runs out, we're ok regardless of my job situation.

I cannot be bothered with work. Or my dissertation. But mostly work. I especially cannot be bothered with the more vacuous members of staff and their banal conversation. Supergrump this morning was greeted with "morning! How are you today??" to which I responded, without stopping, "rubbish. You?"

This does not mean, do please follow me into my office and rabbit on about how you are. It is a term of politeness to make up for the fact that I wasn't engaging.

I tend to find stupidity annoying but pregnant me is a total intellectual snob. It's not intentional, but bad grammar or lack of knowledge is making me mildly homicidal. I still have enough sense to bite my tongue fortunately.

Gads. Tired!! Sleep now and maybe tomorrow will bring tolerance...

No comments:

Post a Comment