Tuesday 7 June 2011

Other people's words

Weeks: 23+3.
Time remaining: 15+6

Ooh! That looks better written down. I'm so on the home run.

I'm a bit appalled by my own spelling/grammar/writing at the moment so I'm reading more by people who can write.

More pregnancy books: I love Christine Hill. I got a sampler kind of thing free with a baby mag earlier in the year which has the "best of" her pregnancy and parenting books. Her style is fab, just my cup of tea, not preachy and you-must-be-a-natural-mother-or-you-will-be-cursed at all. I have the sample of her pregnancy book on my Kindle to try and ascertain how samply the sampler is and I think the netmums book may be returned post haste to the library and swapped for Christine Hill's previous edition. Well, I'm past the scary bit and past halfway, I can't really justify buying a pregnancy book.

I pretty much know what happens from here on in: regular urine and blood pressure tests, chat with consultants at 34 weeks and then at 39 weeks I'll have a little girl taken out from my tummy.

Meantime I'll get vaster, steckier and less able to move and will spend from mid august on in a state of readiness expecting to go into labour at any moment.

But I'd still like to see what Ms Hill says about it...

As I haven't had the baby yet, I feel completely justified in new baby user guides. I already have Gina Ford, Dr Spock, the Baby Whisperer, the hideously-not-me Dr Sears, my favourite Kaz Cooke, the Baby Whisperer and the charmingly old fashioned Miriam Stoppard. All 6+ years old. On order is a used copy of Christine Hill's A Perfect Start, alongside the updated Kaz Cooke.

I have been following the blog of the awe inspiringly lovely Julia Boggio, which she has written during her pregnancy and birth of her first child. Unlike yours truly, she retained the ability to form proper sentences while cooking her baby. Today's blog is fabulous, not least because it reassures that disposable nappies aren't at all bad. Rather than stealing her words, I shall point to her blog at
icarriedawatermelon.co.uk

I'm a reader not a writer

No comments:

Post a Comment