Monday 27 June 2011

Crutched

Well, I've got crutches now. And I have to say, they help a LOT. I even slower than I was without them, and there's the obvious downside of not being able to carry anything - something I forgot to consider when taking my maternity notes and a tiny handbag. My rucksack will have to be my handbag in case of needing to carry anything.

The physio asked how I was when moving my legs to the side. For the last few days it has been very painful, if I'm sitting and I let my leg flop to the side, it hurts. Legs must point straight forwards at all times, or the pelvis objects.

Based on this, the physio reckons a c-section would probably be best, as I would be very limited in positions to labour in. This pleases me. For one, I feel less like a section is a cop out for every additional reason I have. Plus, I would guess a consultant would be less likely to try and talk me round to a VBAC if pain is a consideration.

I shortly have to go to the school to collect the boys. I am really apprehensive about going with crutches. Having had to walk a fair way back to the car at the hospital, I know that they will make the walking part less arduous, but I feel incredibly self conscious.

I do also feel that I should be used as a caution to young girls. What with my twins and my crutches I feel I make a far more effective deterrent than a crying baby doll.




No comments:

Post a Comment