Sunday 29 May 2011

Stropping and shopping

I'm fed up and feeling very most sorry for myself and taking it out on everyone else. Hormonal probably but they do tell me my hormones should be levelling out about now and I should be cheering up a bit.

Ha!!

I shall refrain from whinging and instead focus on the fun side of pregnancy.

Namely, playing with my baby in the womb. Yes, really. The kicking is now noticeable from outside and I can literally lie and gaze and my undulating abdomen endlessly. Together in Electric Dreams makes her dance enthusiastically so if I feel her move I can now do a party trick of dancing belly. I discovered this last night and then went to show her daddy. She most obligingly bopped on command. Hurrah!

She also pushes back if you prod her, which is fun. I am most pleased to note that at present her most awake time is late evening and her least awake time is first thing in the morning. Like her brothers, we can have nice long lies hopefully. Well, aside from the small diversion of taking said brothers to school, but the intelligent purchase of a carrycot for the buggy means she can snooze on the school run and remain snoozing while Mummy goes back to bed for a good while.

The buggy is ordered!! We went for the Recaro Akuna, it's the closest to everything I want in one package that actually exists.


That pic is a wee bit small but I hope you can get the gist. We didn't get the footmuff as I figure the carrycot covers footmuff needing occasions for this winter and by next winter she'll not want to be encased in footmuff and can be wrapped up warm in clothing. nor did we get the change bag as we don't need that. We did get the buggy, car seat and carrycot. We went for the grey (shown), the other option is black and red; while I like that colourway, it's not very baby girl.

I bought my first girlie pink thing :-). It is some bunting to put up in the baby's room in the house we haven't moved to yet. It may go in the baby's corner of our room in the short term. It's pretty but bigger than I expected. Daddy no like, I no care.


I think it's cute and not too babyish. Good? Bad?

It wasn't expensive, if it's ridiculous I'll put it away for later birthday parties.

I need to plan what else we need. She's due to be delivered 17 weeks tomorrow, which is the same length of time since my positive pregnancy test. That didn't take long to pass, or it doesn't feel long now anyway even if it felt endless at the time, so I do need to think. Some pink may feature, within reason.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment