Thursday 5 May 2011

Blobby

I made an observation tonight. From the neck up and from the knee down, I am as normal. All that lies in between is pregnant and actively involved in so being. With the exception, perhaps, of my arms.

I fail to see why the entire body needs to limber up for birth/post natal requirements in advance. Baby is not viable for another 5 or 6 weeks, and only just then, so why am I all poised for action? While the relaxed ligaments have provided blessed relief from whiplash pain, the ones elsewhere are not doing their job. It hurts to move, basically, unless done verrrry slowly and carefully. That's unnecessary relaxation for all except the ones actually attached to the uterus, they admittedly are under duress. But slow duress, they don't need to cry out in sudden shock periodically. Which they do.

Although my mango sized baby has to take some of the blame herself, as well as causing it all, endless nashing about doesn't really HELP. I had rather painful somethings earlier and so whipped out the not-really-a-Doppler to check on the old galloping heartbeat of junior. Fleeting moments of heartbeat as baby flurried from womb end to womb start and back and again and again. Possibly causing turbulence and "ooch!" pains. Which have now gone, presumably baby is tired and snoozing.

I did wonder the other day why it is that they sleep so little in utero and so much after birth, then it dawned on me that it's probably a touch more exhausting being out than in. Breathing and feeding and keeping warm and all that may just possibly use energy.

Nothing much happened today, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment