Sunday 15 May 2011

Decisions

There's a lot of decisions to be made.

The biggie: how to give birth. An elective section is my current mode of thinking after further research. TMI to explain why, just nod.

Another fairly large one: where to live. The 2 bed flat is obviously not going to do in the long run, once baby needs her own room, we need a room to put her in. Theoretically we can manage with baby in our room for a year, but... I think not. So when to try and move. Current thinking is to declutter/redecorate/pray and put this on the market and just wait till it sells. Hopefully soon, then we can rent in the shortish term. If that elusive sale isn't in time, we have to rent first and sell this empty. That's expensive obviously so not exactly ideal.

A small decision: what does baby sleep in?
Option one: into the cot straight away. This worked for the boys but there were two of them (early days they shared) and they had their own room.
Option two: the very nice crib that was mine and which has been lingering in our loft forever. No good for twins so we never used it. Smaller than a cot, cute and it rocks. As in, it has a rocking motion, it's not particularly awesome.
Option three: a Moses basket. Handy on account of its portability. Possibly too frou frou.
Option four: all of the above, except I'm not mental.

The ongoing decision is names. Obviously the scan will reveal which type of name we need (5 sleeps!!) as I don't like unisex names, but big decision time if it's a Hubert.

Final decision is when to take maternity leave. Actually, I think the answer is ASAP as I'm struggling a bit.

20 weeks now, that's halfway! If we ignore the two weeks prior to conception. Next week is really halfway between supposed conception and supposed due date but hey ho. It's all rather imprecise.

Much the same as 19 weeks symptomwise. Movements are more recognisable, and very frequent. Back pain is getting rubbish, lying down is v difficult and so sleep is a problem. I have a physio appointment next Monday though so hopefully I'll get advice/props to aid me. I also have pain walking and what not, it's not great. I am a teeny concerned as to how difficult getting to the school and back is going to be when they go back after the summers hols. I'll be 35 weeks or so then. Urgh. I'll need to allow 40 mins each way instead of 5-10.






No comments:

Post a Comment