Thursday 19 May 2011

She's a lady!

It is a girl. Mother knows best, in this case where I was right. I am pleased about that, but most importantly all is well.

She has a perfect spine (no
Spina Bifida), a perfect heart (no holes and 4 chambers), a perfect mouth and nose (no cleft), four limbs with the right number of bones in each, she has functioning kidneys and her stomach is just right. All digits present and correct, feet are on at the right angle and generally she's utterly perfect. Oh, and my risk for Downs Syndrome is 1 in 75,000, plus she has a fully formed nose, so we can count that out. They point out that this scan doesn't eliminate all abnormalities but it does count out a lot of the biggies.

I'm fit to gestate also; I have rubella antibodies, I don't have various icky infections, nor do I have syphilis, HIV or hepatitis (there might have been questions asked if I did). As I didn't pay attention last time (and the blood donor service don't want my blood in case of malaria) it's nice to know my blood type is O positive, so I can't reject the baby and if I do bleed profusely they can easily top me up again.

Mother and daughter are well. If all goes to plan, I shall be given an elective section on Monday 26th September 2011.

Scans are amazing. Now she looks like a baby and is confirmed as a she, it all finally feels a bit more real and less theoretical.

She's very wriggly though. I don't anticipate peaceful night times.





That's her all curled into a ball, her legs disappear off above her head.

I'm having a daughter!!! My boys are still "the boys", they don't need to become "the twins", and I'll have my princess.

All set for...






:-D

1 comment:

  1. YEAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete