Wednesday 18 May 2011

Almost time to paint the nursery

Except there's no nursery to paint and when we knew for sure we were having two boys we went for pale yellow.

But, this time tomorrow I'll be going to sleep (or not) before Scan Day 2: the return of the ultrasound!!!!!!

Woooo! I am very excited now about the scan as today saw the passing of Presentation Day, which I made a pigs ear of but hey ho, it wasn't assessed.

The lecturer, who knows I am pregnant, stared right at my bump like she couldn't not. I find that a little weird.

Other things that are weird from the "I'm pregnant so I've lost my brain" school of weird: home births.

Why in the world would ANYONE want that??? You'd have to be super tidy and, unlike the people on the tellybox, most people don't actually have a birthing pool sized space in their living room. Hospitals have useful things like, well, doctors. Medicine. Machines of reassurance and life saving. You know the stuff, things you don't have a home. Well, you might have a doctor at home, but most people don't.

I don't get it. Although I don't understand why mothers to be want/do a LOT of things. Number one being rejection of pain relief as they want to "feel the contractions". Right you are. If, which is looking unlikely unless baby makes an early appearance, I do go the natural route, I'd like an epidural on admission.

And so to sleep, for to awaken to the day before the day of the knowledge.

















No comments:

Post a Comment