Friday 25 March 2011

Worry over

Well as predicted in my more positive moments, there's one baby and a healthy one to boot.




Much wriggling and a good heartbeat, a low risk for Downs on the nuchal translucency scan (and there is a nasal bone present which means not Downs) and everything is very good.

My new due date is 01/10/11 so although I was 12 weeks today, I have moved forward to 12 weeks 6 and will be 13 weeks tomorrow.

I had to wait around for almost an hour after I arrived with a very full bladder, which was unpleasant - but did mean I missed work altogether. My bladder was so full my baby was up at my waist when the sonographer was scanning! I had to empty some to allow the nuchal scan and it was still full after emptying about a bladderful.

I feel so happy, no twins so we can all fit in a regular car and I can do swimming and the likes, and above all else a healthy baby.

One concern: baby was very wriggly. O was wriggly and R was calm in scans. Ois a very hyper child, this may well be another hyper child.

As long as he/she (I think she) is as sweet as he is then it's ok though.

A doctor recommended a VBAC, I did not agree. We discussed and she wrote down that I understood and that I wanted a section. Phew. I've to discuss again at 34 weeks. Still want a section!

No comments:

Post a Comment