Saturday 12 March 2011

Brainwashing

I'm feeling got at already, by Other Mothers, having not yet been to a clinic to be bombarded with the message:

Breast is best.
Breast is best.
Breast is best.

I get it.

The main refrain: Ohhhh, breast feeding is sooo much easier.

Oh yeah? Than, erm, sleeping through the night and NOT doing night feeds at all? Than going 4 hours between feeds almost from the start? Than having a definitely thriving child and know it for sure?

I will make an informed choice. Thank you for your input.

Being obsessed with baby programmes I see two things regularly that I don't see why anyone would WANT to do either:

1) natural childbirth.

2) breastfeeding.

There is valid reason for both but I do not understand why it is not a grudging acceptance that they are better as opposed to a DESIRED outcome. Women WANT these things, they want the painful unpleasant options. Really? You're not just saying that?

We get brainwashed, virtually from conception. Natural is best. Do not deviate from Natural.

Yada yada.

Desired outcome: healthy child. Nothing else really matters.





No comments:

Post a Comment