Wednesday 16 March 2011

One week, two days...

I can't wait! I can't wait! The scan is next Friday and I am so excited. Although this week is proving verrrrrrrry long and I suspect next week will be worse.

9 sleeps, including the one I'm about to have.

This Friday the midwife is coming to visit. I have seen her already (back in the first week of knowing) and this is my proper booking visit. Although as it's in my home, I'm guessing I won't be weighed or have all my bodily fluids checked for deficiencies.

Approaching 11 weeks and this is how it is healthwise:

Cold has gone, but a vile cough remains. Turns out non drowsy cough medicines of the linctus variety are ok for pregnant ladies and are remarkably effective in a well-I've-stopped-for-now manner. They're not Original Benylin but they do allow cessation of coughing long enough to breathe.

Symptoms of growing a baby at 10 weeks + 5: unbelievabubbly tired, despite sleeping better at night. Sickness is more in waves than a progressive worsening. My boobies are now less sensitive and although huge, don't ache so much. Stomach is a vast expanse of bulgingness that makes me look much pregnanter than I am, and which I don't really understand. I don't think I can feel my uterus under the udder, but I'm not sure. The udder is much pushed forward by something. Bowels? Triplets?

The other October 2011 ladies on iVillage say they can feel a hard lump, I don't think I can. Or maybe I can, I can't tell. You're not meant to be able to feel it above the pelvis till 12 weeks, so that's a good indication it's NOT twins. Unless it's quite high and I can't tell. Who knows?

For two/three days I had a very sore back, possibly caused by (minimal) housework on Sunday. Muchos pain of the tailbone, which made walking tricky, sitting painful and bending a thing of the past. It's still a wee bit twingy but mostly ok, being able to have a bath is most wondrous in times of backache. The Hypochondriac in Me (aka HIM) diagnosed an incarcerated uterus, or at the very least a tilted (retroverted) uterus, which would push against the spine instead of rising up out of the pelvis.

Cure: lie on front. Have done. Got better. Still can't feel uterus: HIM concludes that the foetus must have stopped growing.

Oh shut up!! Yesterday's test (just checking) said 3+ weeks very quickly so my levels are still very high.

And where was I? Ah yes. Backache.

It is a little strange to have backache; having been dosed up on some type of morphine based painkillers for over 18 months, other aches and pains were masked and unnoticed. Now - I have twinges and niggles. Boo.

I have done very few school runs this last week. Hubby can be ace.

Current "craving": bacon. Yummy.






No comments:

Post a Comment