Friday 11 March 2011

Miss/don't miss

Yesterday one of the boys had a boiled egg and soldiers for his tea. How good did that look? I so want a runny boiled egg. I won't, I'll be good, but I want one BAD.

Soft cooked eggs = salmonella risk. Devil's advocate argues that our eggs are from vaccinated hens, but it's a bit risky for the sake of a meal.

I think the worst for me is the lack of cold remedies, although I have discovered new safe ones. Steam inhalation does work a bit. Skooshing saltwater up your nose (which is as gross as it sounds, but I am a vision of phlegm and ick anyway) loosens everything a bit as well, as does industrial nose blowing. And finally, I have been attempting to massage my sinuses to alleviate the pain, and the pain is a tad alleviated. Who'd have thunk it?

I would really like some sinusitis spray. They don't know if it's ok. I don't want to risk it. Paracetamol will suffice, although apparently that could affect the fertility of any male foetuses as adults. Logic there is that damage will undoubtedly have been done by now. Go easy on the paracetamol and hope for a girl.

I don't miss wine. I'm relieved to have a reason not to buy cigarettes, which is rather pathetic, but I neither need to fork out the cash or deal with the smell/inability to breathe properly. So I don't miss cigarettes. I don't miss having to take painkillers, I can't take them but my neck is ok, achy rather than sore and I can live with achy. I can take baths again so that makes pregnancy worth it alone. Hurrah for hormones!

I might have a bath now, not being at work and all. Noone would even know. Mmmm.

But first, some sustenance to keep the nausea at bay and then to watch a programme about parents with 3 sets of twins. Which may induce a panic attack, or may provide calming thoughts of just the 2 sets.

One baby would be such a cinch. It would.

Laters.








No comments:

Post a Comment