Monday 28 February 2011

Payday!!

I've been superskint this month so payday meant the purchase of some much needed maternity comforts.

Purchase 1: a digital pregnancy test with conception indicator. I have now done 15 tests (at least). I can't help it, I need to check I am still pregnant and the damned overpriced indicator ones give reassurance that hormone levels are still high. It's still 3.5 weeks till my scan, I am paranoid and I don't feel as awful as I did. Or maybe I'm used to it. Something.

I could pay £90 for a private scan 2 weeks earlier. I'm not going to.

Purchase 2: smashing stretchy non maternity trousers from M & S. They are great, they fit because they're normal trousers, but they stretch and stretch, and then fit again after the birth. I had a pair when I had the boys, wore them into hospital with the biggest bump ever recorded, and wore them home.

Purchase 3: yummy food from M & S. Rocky Road Bites: yumcious.

Purchase 4: ginormous pants. Normal (aka nice) ones are irritating my c-section scar which is bulging and being irritable. Not nice, so I need unsexy pants that come up to my chin. I got some truly hideous ones last week, but I got some bearable non vpl ones tonight that don't actually encase my entire body in underpants.

They're not knickers btw, knickers implies something feminine and nice.

Human evolution has ensured that having impregnated his woman, a man can relax in the knowledge that she is repulsive to all other men, possibly forever more, certainly for the duration of her pregnancy. His progeny are protected.

Pregnancy: it's delightful.









No comments:

Post a Comment