Wednesday 9 February 2011

Today, part 2

Saw doctor today. Woo! It would seem there is nothing wrong or untoward going on, all is normal. Reiterated to me that problems tend to manifest as bleeding or severe pain. I now have a new and much reduced amount of medication that's ok for pregnancy, which is why I was at the doc rather than due to hypochondria.

Blood pressure: is ok. No drugs for now, to be monitored. Could lead to end of blood pressure medication forever.

Painkillers: can live with whiplash pain just now so need small amounts "just in case" and in case of withdrawal. Hoping that this may also be cured as is clearly a ligament problem.

(may spend first month of child's life in traction, but that won't unduly harm said child).

Antihistamines: ok, so that's because 28 for £0 is a lot better than 7 for £3.

And that is all my medication, other than the folic acid. How amazing. Pregnancy should be touted as a cure for chronic pain.

I think I remember someone with MS saying that they were a lot better when pregnant. I may be making that up.

Oh, more stats, which answers a kindly comment in a most lazy manner:

Chances of having twins in any pregnancy: 1 in 80.
Having one set of twins means that a women is 4 x more likely next time to have a second set, so that means: 1 in 20.

(The 1 in 300 chance is the overall chance of having 2 sets of twins).

So I have a 5% chance of miscarriage and a 5% chance of twins, and therefore a 95% chance (one does not preclude the other) of a normal, singleton pregnancy.

It could be but 4 weeks till a scan, and 8 weeks at the very most I should think. That's not long.

Yes it is.

Symptoms today: boobies (a little) less sensitive, nausea extra nauseating. Tiredness overwhelming. Forgetfulness and general doziness at peak, irritability maxed out.

On irritability, I am all of the following:

a) hormonal
b) nicotine deprived
c) caffeine deprived
d) codeine deprived
e) sleep deprived
f) rationality deprived
g) freaked out

Is it any wonder I'm a bit intolerant?








No comments:

Post a Comment