Wednesday 20 April 2011

Bumpy

Well, there's not a lot to say. I am 16, going on 17 (weeks) and aside from the ENORMOUS bump there's not much going on. The foetal acrobats haven't escalated enough so may just be general rumblings after all. And in the absence of a 16 week antenatal appointment, I have nothing in the way of reassurance and so am paranoid. I quite want to make an appointment with the midwife just to hear the heartbeat.

I have twice had a Doppler in my
amazon basket but have not yet actually bought one. I think I'd go mad, so I tell myself that it's only 4 weeks tomorrow till the anomaly scan, that the acrobatics will be discernibly foetal any day and that I would surely notice if anything was to go wrong.

And the bump continues to grow, as I have been told, it has increased greatly over the last two weeks while the schools were off.

Yes, I know, it isn't Easter yet, Fife are bonkers.

As I now look unarguably pregnant, I have a discussion about some aspect of pregnancy with every single mother I meet. Which is ok to a certain extent, I am rather obsessed, but just once it would be nice to not talk about it for a moment. Even the lollipop lady dismissed my inane observations about the weather in favour of asking about my next scan.

I am embarrassed by the ginormity of my stomach, it is assumed by all that I am much further on than I am. So I say that I am due in September. Well, it is 1 October I am due and while I am sure baby would hang on till she (positive thinking) is fully cooked, which will not be by 1 October, if I do get a caesarean it will be prior to that date, ie sometime in September. So it's not a lie really. If they think "September" means early September, well that's their mistake. Ahem.

It's still embarrassing, I need to get me a new coat. It's not that big really, I'm not all bump by a long way, nor does it stick out or rise high, but it sure is a bump and everybody seems compelled to comment. Sigh.

To self: a growing bump indicates a growing foetus. Remember this.

Symptoms at present are limited to what I assume is round ligament pain (niggly ache from down low to each side, worsened by movement. Not that painful, but there and escalating) and a very persistent headache. I also have blocked ears as a result of the last sinus assault but that isn't actually a pregnancy symptom, just what happens with consecutive untreated colds.

The need for sweets and doughnuts has passed (ish), I am now going wild for fruit and don't fancy stodgy food. No more sausages for breakfast, melon is the choice of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment